Sent: Wednesday, January 29, 2014 4:36 PM
Subject: mystery sound

heres a stumper for you folks. Finally got the barrracuda fired up and the motor sounds great, but the mysterious sound I mentioned last week has been traced to the bellhousing area, it has to be a bolt or the flexplate clattering on the tin plate between motor( 360) and tranny (904). I peeled back the plate and checked all four bolts. They are down tight and are all the correct flat head style TQ bolts. When I swapped trannies I kept the torque converter from the 360 ( AND FLEXPLATE) but the tranny was from my old 273. As to the tin plate , not sure where that came from. Any ideas here?? Does a 273 tranny not take a 360 converter??
  Neal Zimmerman, Eugene Oregon