Re: '63 D-100

You are right Bob. You made me more curious, so below the background and a link to  several articles. It's good to have memory confirmation! :)

"In 1963, Dick Boynton of San Diego talk radio fame began racing a Sweptline Era Dodge Truck called the 'Ram Truck'. Also known as the 'Flying Barn Door,' the truck was raced for a short while in the B/Factory Experimental category at numerous race tracks around the country. In the engine bay, Boynton had a 413 Max Wedge engine to power the massive truck. In one race, Boynton beat a competitor running 12.71 at 108.99mph! Fiberglass front fenders, hood, and front bumper were used to try and even out the 70/30 weight distribution."
http://www.sweptline.com/hist/spectrucks.html

Gary H.