Re: Wanted. The Fugitive. 1964 Plymouth Belvedere Ex Race Car

Re: Wanted. The Fugitive. 1964 Plymouth Belvedere Ex Race Car

The Boccanfoso 64' Belvedere was an aluminum nose 426 Stage III bought new from Westport, CT. It raced at Dover Dragstrip, NY., West Hampton, Long Island, and Island Dragway, NJ. A towing accident resulted in the car & trailer to rolling over crushing the roof. The roof & windshield were removed and a large roll bar was installed and the car continued to run at Dover. If I remember it was put into A/SR class. I have videos of the car running and here is one photo in the pits with the massive roll bar. I purchased the car after it was retired. The car was to be stripped and rebuilt on a donor body, but again funds just were not there.

Running out at West Hampton this car is sometimes confused with Tom Powell's FUGITIVE which was a 64' Dodge 330 A-864 Hemi car. The Boccanfuso car was named back in late 63'.

Nick Tiberio

FuryUs63