Re: Help Wanted - Drag Racing Ignition/Fuel (?) Problems

It's  3/8" fuel line all the way from and including the pickup to the indivdual lines on the dual feed inlet.  The only choke point might be the two fitting on the Carter high volume mechanical pump. The electric is a Carter 4594 (http://www.summitracing.com/parts/CRT-P4594/) which is 72 gph at 8 psi. Been running this fuel line even when the car was running good and doing 5800RPM shifts. The only add, in response to this current problem was the electric fuel pump and the problem still exist.  In fact, after a short time of running the electric pump, it's gotten worse. So, it is not the elecetric fuel pump as the problem existed before and after the install and later got worse.

Akron Don Gallimore

From: JimJablonski <groovinjim@xxxxxxx>
To: 1962to1965mopars@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Sent: Mon, August 27, 2012 2:44:45 PM
Subject: Re: Help Wanted - Drag Racing Ignition/Fuel (?) Problems

Hey Akron Don,

Can you tell us a little more about the setup - particularly your fuel system?  I am not convinced it's not starving, but need more data...

Thank you,

Jim

On Monday, August 27, 2012 1:17:33 PM UTC-4, Donald Gallimore wrote:
Coil is an Accel Super Stock unit.  45,000 volts.

Need to ask out of ignorance - what do you want me to measure on the battery?
Automotive electrical stuff is my weak point.

Akron Don Gallimore