-----Original message-----
From: Richard Kinsley <rlkinsley@xxxxxxxxx>
To:
"1962to1965mopars@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx" <1962to1965mopars@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Cc:
Chatroom <318poly@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent:
Sun, Aug 19, 2012 16:20:29 GMT+00:00
Subject:
LeRoar at the Bellevue, NE Parade w/pictures

Saturday was the annual Arrows to Aerospace Parade in Bellevue, NE.  LeRoar and I have been in the parade for something like 6 times?

This year the high was 66deg so it was nice but it also rained just a little.  I added some decor to LeRoar for the occasion including some rear window writing  "Import from Detroit" :-) My cousin Al and my friend, Terry aka Pink Panther, rode with me.  LeRoar performed admirably.  I was constantly requested to "rev it up" and I obliged.  About 2/3 of the way thru the parade I gave it a couple rapid blasts that may have exceeded 7500rpm's and the ps belt went flying off like a big rubber band :-0 The alt belt also flew off but was captive on the fan snout.  We pulled off asap as we were heating rapidly and replaced them. I did jump back in and finish the parade with no further issues.

When I race at the Geezer drags this next weekend I will again remove the ps belt. I think that is what blew the front seal on my ps pump but that was after driving it several days on the street without the belt to see how difficult it would be. It's doable as long as you don't parallel park! This time it will only be for racing.

I think it would be a great idea IF I could find larger pulley's for the alt and ps pump. I wish I had manual steering....

Here's a few pictures from the parade.

Rich Kinsley '64 Dodge Polara LeRoar 4dr 324 poly w/goodies