Re: 1962 Dodge Dart Heater Controls

https://secure.flickr.com/photos/cv_dusty/2496659912/ shows "off-heat-defrost-cool"
as does
http://www.foundationpc.com/cars/1962ken/62dash.jpg

There pictures are from US cars. Don't know if Australia used different terminology.

Isn't the blower switch to the left of the ignition key?

The buttons activate different doors using vacuum to direct the air to appropriate outlets.

BTW, careful if you try to remove the vacuum lines. It is easy to break off the plastic tips on the switch that the hose attaches to.  http://1962to1965mopar.ornocar.com/techstuff.html has some hints.

Thanks,
Gary H.