Re: Plymouth XNR

Cory, Obviously you have no taste at all.  The XNR is another example of Exner's design mastery.  His flowing design lines were (and still are) acknowledged as the most beautiful of the time, and set a standard that other auto makers could not challenge.  That some, apparently you included, do not see and/or appreciate his genius in design validates his efforts.  Everyone will not like the ceiling of the Sistine Chapel, or the paintings of Renoir or other masters, but that does not diminish their brilliance and the majesty of the work.  The same is true for Exner's works.  Maybe that is why I think that the 57-60 Mopars are the most beautiful examples of art in mass-production auto design ever created.

That you do not appreciate the XNR, means that others have a greater opportunity to see, touch, and maybe own a work of art.  I am sure you appreciate a Chevrolet, as it is a car of the masses.   Or maybe your taste runs toward Ford Mustangs - everyone has to have one of those.

FYI, this is not the "Hate Mail" you asked for, but a defense of Exner's works, and my appreciation for them.  I have (2) 57 Dodges, a 58 Dodge, a 59 Dodge, a 60 Chrysler, and many more Mopars (including 62-65 Mopars) that retain his styling cues.  And, I would love to have (and would drive) the XNR.  Cars that sit in climate-controlled garages, never to see the road are a waste of styling and the fun they entail.

Beauty is in the eye of the beholder, after all.  :)

Larry (Akron)