Re: Great progress on LeRoar

Awesome !!!  Gonna hafta have you guys come and tune my '63 !!!

On Tue, Jun 5, 2012 at 7:38 PM, Richard Kinsley <rlkinsley@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Today my friend with the '68 Pink Panther 'Cuda, w/451 stroher & 536hp, came over and we tweaked  'ol LeRoar.  I reset the distributor and got it working well.  It is different than it was with the stock heads and 264deg cam. A tad bit more advanced to run right. But it sure runs right now. We also used the carb balancer again and dialed in the carbs. It is running nice and smooth. Except for the "rummp, rummp, bahrummp" :-)

We took it for a test spin, of course, and I was very pleased to say the least. I took it in 1st to a tad over 6800rpm's and then ran it up almost the same in 2nd. I did this several times and there were no hiccups or hesitations. Terry said he thought it would out run his Barracuda now but I don't think it's that good nor could it become that good with what it has weight wise, etc.. None the less I liked his opinion.

I'm afraid I can't probably go racing until the second week in July at least. I have a nice trip coming up and I may turn up lame if I go spending more money right now before we get back. I'm sure many if not most of you can relate to that statement :-)

So the bottom line is that LeRoar is alive and well  !!!  Time slips will tell the real tale and I don't think we'll be disappointed.

Rich Kinsley '64 Dodge Polara LeRoar 4dr 324 poly w/goodies

Doug,
'63 Sport Fury 'vert