Re: paint job

i agree i would rather see a old body color engine bay with grease and  rust rather than a painted black engine bay in a mopar that's not black.thats what seperates the mopars from the rest and i am sure most will agree just my 2 cents...if your going to strip and sand it down anyways why not do it correct and paint it body color????/

From: Daniel McCormack <mcwheels@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
To: 1962to1965mopars@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Sent: Friday, January 27, 2012 3:30 PM
Subject: RE: paint job

Jacob is your car black? If not please don’t paint it black under the hood. We have a saying that anytime we see a Mopar painted black under the hood (unless of course it’s a black car) that it must have been restored by a Chevy guy. Mopars are painted body color in the engine compartment. When I see one painted black it’s such a turn off to me that I won’t even consider buying it.
Dan