Almost Mopar

Hello,

Please respond to me directly on this if you have any suggestions.

I have a 1949 Dodge pickup that I need to start work on that currently
has a Ford 289 and C-4 transmission in it that I am taking out.  The
Ford engine and transmission run fine but I want to to Mopar in the
old truck.

The 289 is probably a 1967, I need to pull the oil sender to get to
the build date but the block is a C8AE casting which is a 302 block
that Ford used when they ran out of 289 blocks.  For all practical
purposes it is a 289, all internal parts should be 289.

If anyone has a range of what the engine and transmission is worth it
would be appreciated.  Not looking to make a killing on it but don't
want to give it away either.

Again, please respond directly.

Thanks
Dennis C.