The big Parade push

As you know my engine is setting on a stand waiting to be completed. Gary has sent the heads and they will arrive on Thursday. So my plan is to degree the cam tomorrow by using a lifter in place and using the ratio multiplier to verify lift. This will be a tad iffy since the ratio will most likely not be the full 1.5/1. My current rockers turned out to be 1.38/1. So I'll use 1.4/1 as a generic number. Then after setting the cam per specs the best I can I will complete the short block. I will then install everything possible back in the car. When the heads arrive I will complete the installation in the car. This will give me 1 or 1.5 days to have it ready for the Parade on Sat morning. Since the only changes are heads and valve train there will be no break in necessary except for the cam. I won't have much tuning time so I hope it'll co-operate for the Parade. If you want to really test your cooling system then drive in a parade. It is brutal. Chugging along at 2mph and extended stops in 80-100deg weather will push things to the limit.

Wish me luck :-)