RE: Reno Hot August NIghts

Just read that there are 6000 spots for a car show.  Are you frickin serious??!!  That's an insane amount of classic iron running around.  Up here in Saskatoon (google it) our big show, last weekend of August, gets between 800 and 900 cars.  And a bunch of those don't belong either.  Such as stereo cars and a crap load of late 80's and early 90's rustangs and flamaro's.  Ooooohh!  Yeah, that's real impresive.  It's not like you can't find parts for those piles of junk, let's say, ANYWHERE!!  Sorry, now I'm all pissed off.  I gotta go.

oDfate: Thu, 11 Aug 2011 06:00:02 +0000
From: waedison@xxxxxxxxxxx
To: 1962to1965mopars@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: Reno Hot August NIghts

No, they dropped the Long Beach idea and have re-focused on Reno-Sparks-Tahoe. I think it was the right move. This is Reno/Sparks biggest money event of the year. It brings in something like $60 million, so they focus a lot of attention on it. Our kids and grandkids flew in today and we all went cruising in Reno. Tomorrow night....Sparks to listen to Herman's Hermits, cruise, watch some drag racing.  Lots going on, good times. I've seen some really nice Mopars, doing us proud. We've never been concerned about our security here. The local PD, like in most tourist towns, is quick to action if they sense anything is going to damage the event's reputation.
/Butch/ Ferndale, WA