Re: Oil pressure

Ok good then

Sent from my iPhone

On Aug 10, 2011, at 6:17 PM, David Orr <fe2orr@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Mopars run 4qts. 5 w/ filter.  Dave o

Sent from
Pat's iPad

On Aug 10, 2011, at 5:33 PM, Jacob Fox <imfast101@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Makes sense. At the plant we have HUGE generators, turbines, and compressors. Often times the oil is just "misted" on the bearings etc. Huge reservoirs hold 100s of gallons of oil, and these things run 24/7 365.

Just took her out for a spin after adjusting the timing, figured I'd run her for the first time and see what happened. I stomped on it and I've never been more surprised. I figured...ehh heavy car, old motor, I'll prolly blow it up right here. She squatted down, put me in my seat and burned both tires down the road. I had to see what shed do, now I'll never run her again till I get the motor rebuilt.

I'm just gonna let the oil do it's thing. It's been running this long like that I'm sure it'll be fine. When I find were ima put a gauge I'll put one, I refuse to drill into the dash.

When I had oiled changed, they said 5 qts on 383. I thought it was 5 and 6 with a filter change? The dipstick I think is wrong it shows wayy over full. Btw, when I started it this morning I thought I heard a knock for a sec or two...ima make sure I have hood open and standing outside later when I start it to listen. I wish I had more knowledge how to completely rebuild a motor, I just have no idea when it comes to valves and measuring stuff.

Sent from my iPhone