From: Richard Kinsley
Sent: Wednesday, August 10, 2011 7:58 AM
To: 1962to1965mopars@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: Oil pressure

I had the same thing with my son. He thought the oil pressure gauge was a oil level gauge. I hopped in and drove it and panicked at NO Presssure. I had to add 4 qts! I had treated it with a similar product, no longer available, and there was no damage. Heaven only knows how long it had been empty. I use Slick 50 on vehicles I feel are at risk, aka grandkids car, or getting old and fragile. (It won't work on me though.)

It's very normal for pressure to drop at idle and with synthetics it really gets low at idle. As long as it comes up under operating speeds I wouldn't worry. I imagine you are around 20psi at that point on the gauge. Just drive it and don't worry :-)