Re: Balancer Question

There are outfits that rebuild harmonic balancers. Check with your local machine shops or old-timey parts stores to see if there is one local to you.  There are some online, for example:

http://www.damperdoctor.com/Merchant2/merchant.mvc?Screen=CTGY&Store_Code=DD&Category_Code=CHR

http://www.damperdudes.net//index.php?cPath=26&osCsid=a9c7aeb9e26a8984b04e8a964ed1d6b6

They also will buy back your old balancer if it is rebuildable.

Assuming yours is rebuildable:
http://www.precisionparts.com.au/Pages/Product%20Profile/rapidrebuild.htm

I'd try a used balancer if the used one you found looked okay. Mostly it is the rubber that goes bad.

Good luck. Let us know how things turn out.

Thanks,
Gary H.