Re: Spray On Chrome (that actually looks good!!))

Re: Spray On Chrome (that actually looks good!!))

I was going to wait till all was done with my dash to report my
experience with Spray On Chrome. But since it has been brought up now,
I will tell my experiemce.
 I have been researching this product for a cpouple years.There are a
few companys trying to sell the equipment to do this process And of
course they spin things their way with all the hype.  It appears that
all the companys use basically the same principle and products. There
was a lot of discussion on the 55-61 Forward look forum.. A fellow
member had a hood ornament abd some other external pot metal done.  He
stripped the old chrome, filled the pits with bondo, primered  and wet
sanded till  suitable and sent it for the spray chrome.  When he got
it back it was very close to actual chrome. at a fraction of the
cost.  I then talked to another member from Austrailia that does the
spray chrome. , and he gave me more info and tips to get the best job
done.
  So-- I knew there was a place  in Lincoln, Ne. ( 120 miles from me)
That could do it. I took all my 64 Dodge 440 dash plastic to him , and
after about a week or 10 days, I picked it up.  I was VERY impressed
with it---Looks OEM.  My son has it now, masking off the parts that
show crome and painting  the silver panels..   It actually looks more
OEM than the other plastic platers have been charging big bucks to
do. . Cost $140  and I did no prep work.  It is as durable and chip
reistant as the clear urathane paint that is the last coat.  I will
post pics later this month when I get it