To: <1962to1965mopars@xxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Sunday, May 08, 2011 8:46 AM
Subject: Mopars on Lake Ponchartraian

Hi Everybody,

Just returned home from Mopars on Lake Ponchartraian, New Orleans, LA. It is actually in Kenner for those familiar with the area.

I must say that any 62-65 Mopar enthusiasts would have been elated to have been there. I happened to be sitting with and chatting all day with Bill “Maverick” Golden. It only got better when Mr. Norm of Spalding Dodge joined in and I really got to hear those two veterans’s telling drag racing stories. My ears have never been treated better!!!

It was a big day in the life of Ms. American, my 66 Rambler, to be sitting next to Maverick. This is Bill’s original car. I could tell on the ride home that a few horses woke-up in her after getting a pep talk from Maverick.

For those of you that do not know, Mr. Golden is also of “Little Red Wagon” fame.

Fueling my “need for speed” syndrome, one of Al Copelands’ race boats passed by. It was a great day.

Enjoy the pics.

https://picasaweb.google.com/satellite1965/MoparsOnLakePonchartraian2011#

Ollie

----