Racing Polys

Gary P wanted to know who raced polys.

Back around 1970, my brother and I raced a 318 Poly in IHRA/AHRA Pure Stock.
Pretty much a stock set-up in a 1965 Belvedere 1.  With a slipping tranny, we
set the National Record.  Best run was a 15.96 in L/SA.  This was in legal
trim.  Back then that was a very amazing performance for a couple of guys with
limited financial resources, if I can say so.  Would have been nice to see the
performance if we'd had a good tranny and the right gears.

Akron Don Gallimore