Launch RPM impacts?

Running a 3800 stall (4200 flash) converter in my '65 Belvedere.  I'm currently
launching at 2000 RPM and getting no spin on the tires so there's room for a
harder launch.

Question is do I launch at a lower or higher RPM to put more torque to the
tires? My guess is to launch lower.  Anybody know of a tech article that
discusses this, what I would consider a very basic question?

Akron Don Gallimore