Re: Fuel tank sending unit

${top_text_ad}
I mean "Hi Bill", (not Gary).

Are both the fuel and temp reading 0?  If yes, it's probably the
voltage regulator on the back of the cluster.  You can get a solid
state one on Ebay or Napa.  Was it working before changing the sending
unit?  If it was, check the rubber boot where it fits on the unit.
Compare the length of the lead to the old one if you still have it.

- Jim
Jim Altemose, Long Island, NY
'63 Polara 500 (Max Wedge)
'63 Polara 500 (383)
'65 Belvedere I (Street Wedge)
'71 Bronco

On Tue, Aug 10, 2010 at 9:57 AM, Jim Altemose <jaltemoose@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> ${top_text_ad}
> Hi Gary,
>
> Last summer I coated the inside of my tank and put in a new sending
> unit (63 Polara 500).  It seemed like the old rubber boot with wire
> slipped on fine and was tight, but I wasn't getting a good reading.
> What I finally figured out was that the lead off the new sending unit
> was just a little bit shorter than the original.  I trimmed a little
> bit of rubber off the boot so it slid on deeper and it's been working
> fine since.  Not sure if this is your problem, but it worked for me.
>
> - Jim
> Jim Altemose, Long Island, NY
> '63 Polara 500 (Max Wedge)
> '63 Polara 500 (383)
> '65 Belvedere I (Street Wedge)
> '71 Bronco
>
> On Mon, Aug 9, 2010 at 9:30 PM, Gary H. <spigot2039@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>>
>> Yes, does the grounding piece that runs from the unit to the metal fuel line have a good "bite" on both sides?
>>
>> Thanks,
>> Gary H.

${bottom_text_ad}
----