To: <1962to1965mopars@xxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Thursday, August 05, 2010 3:06 AM
Subject: True Story

No tech here- just a heartach story. A long time friend ( Verlin) was out today looking at my 64 Dodge project and we got to reminising. I know this is all true. Back in 1963-64 a local guy here raced in late modle stock cars. us younger guys just idolized him! He raced against some of the greatest names in racing, and was a good driver but he had to be conservitive because he had no sponsors. I knew it was a 426 wedge. He set the car up as a 1963 Plymouth and then changed the front sheetmetal to 1964. What I did not remember until today that the engine was a Max Wedge Stage III with a 4 speed. Here is the heartache: When the car retired it was all beat up and the engine needed overhauled. Verlin bought that car and overhauled the engine- buying parts from the local parts store!!! He also bought a 1964 Plymouth 2 door sedan with 318 K frame. Said that body and interior was VERY good . This was about 1969 with the muscle car rage and no one around here paid any attention to the old Max wedge warriors. He sold the engine to one guy not from here and sold the body to someone else. Sold them both for little of nothing to buy a Dodge Dart 340 Duster. Think maybe he has been kicking himself in the butt since then?????................................MO

{Steve Mick}
http://stevemick.shutterfly.com/pictures#Part%202

----

http://www.1962to1965mopar.ornocar.org/mletiq.html and