From: "Douglas Sutherland" <pluckedchickens@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Sunday, March 07, 2010 1:01 PM
To: <1962to1965mopars@xxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: 383 oil leak

I've been seeing clean oil under my car recently and it looked as if the valve cover gaskets were leaking, so I replaced them. Didn't solve the problem. It appears the oil is leaking out just below the valve covers. What's odd is that the back bolts through the exhaust manifold (closest to the firewall) are damp with oil and are smoking when the engine gets hot.
Any idea what the problem is?
Thanks for your help,Doug