Re: Cold, cold, cold

I hope you all like me have your cars parked for the winter a little trick I learned from an uncle of mine is to wrap your motor in a blanket I know it sounds corny but it keeps the block a little warmer then the outside or garage temperature.
------Original Message------
From: Paul Lennemann
To: 1962to1965mopars@xxxxxxxxxx
ReplyTo: 1962to1965mopars@xxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Cold, cold, cold
Sent: Jan 8, 2010 1:57 PM

We have had a week or more of exceptionally cold weather here in the
upper midwest.  And tonight is supposed to be the coldest one yet, like
-25F.  It's the kind of weather that makes you nervous about the level
of protection of your antifreeze.  I checked mine the other day at -18
and it was still liquid.  I used pre-mixed antifreeze straight out of
the bottle the last time and I remember my cheap little bubble tester
telling me it wasn't as low as advertised.  I'm sure it's fine but just
a little something to make a guy nervous.

Paul L.
'63 Sport Fury
440/727
http://www.1962to1965mopar.ornocar.org/ml-lennemann63.html