Re: Need Help Identifying 273 Cam

With the help of Jim at Racer Brown, I at least know it is a Melling Cam. Anyone have an old Melling book with the Cam Spec's?

Tom Watters wrote:
Other than the stampings on the end SPD14 and J127, the only other markings on the Cam are casting marks.

Inside the rear journal 13 on one side, 16 on the other.

Inside the distributor Gear Ring, V64 on one side, 15 on the other.

The 6's might be 8's they are a little difficult to be sure they are 6's.

Any help is greatly appreciated.

--Tom

Tom Watters wrote:
I disassembled the 273 from my Dart as the engine was making some noise. It turned out that a cam bearing/journal was starting togo. There's a fine line in the journal.

I'd like to identify the Cam to see about replacement. I cant seem to find the numbers that were stamped on the end as either Mopar, or any other manufacturer.

The end of the Cam is stamped SPD14 and beneath that @J127@

Anyone know what this Cam could be?

--Tom