From: Steven Charette <stevec@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: RE: rocker arms
To: 1962to1965mopars@xxxxxxxxxx
Date: Saturday, December 12, 2009, 12:32 PM

MO,
    It's one of those things you'll have to check when you assemble the
engine.  I've used Cast Iron rockers and had the adjusters hit the baffle at
.590 lift, but aluminum rockers didn't hit with the same cam and pushrods.
Years back I had a set of 4 bolt valve covers and the adjusting screws hit
the baffle.  The dings in the baffle made a great center mark and I drilled
each one with a 3/8" drill which eliminated the problem.  You could always
use a thicker gasket or double up good quality gaskets for extra clearance.

    I've heard the same as Joey, and recall Mancini advertising a set of
aluminum rockers with the caution that they could not be used for lift over
.480".  Also heard stories of some of the imported rockers coming apart at
inopportune times, but have never seen it firsthand.

    Anybody had experience with the imported rockers?

SC