Re: Wing Window Replacement questions

This is what I've found so far.

The stainless rod from the passenger side seems to be 1/4"W by 1-1/4 or 1-1/2 inch long. I'll assume it should be same on drivers side. One end has ridges around it. (Not sure how this fell out and got lost). I'll have to look for some stainless rod. May have to use some emery cloth to thin one side of it down so it will turn. Not sure how to make the ridges to press it into the window-side of the hing hardware.

As for mounting in the lower part. I think I need something called glass setting tape to replace the hard plastic that used to be there that is all cracked up. Any idea what kind I should get? I've never put a wing-window in. I see cork-rubber and some with fiber in it online by CRL. I was thinking of seeing if any of the local glass shops carry any 1/32" glass setting tape to buy a foot or so from them. I cant see spending $45 for a 100' roll when I only need about a foot or 2. Just havent had time this week, working from 7am-6pm most of the week.

I have to drive to Reno this weekend to drop daughter off for her freshman year of college, so maybe I'll have some time next week to work this.

--Tom

Tom Watters wrote:

I'm putting a new wing window on the dart.

I accidentally shattered the old one awhile back. I thought I had picked up all the hardware pieces off the ground, but I seem to be missing a rod that goes from the Vent window Frame to the hardware that attaches to the hole in the window. Anyone know what the thickness and length should be? I know Mine is long-gone.

Also, there appears to be a hard-plastic insert that the glass slid into in the lower part where the glass hooks to the frame that is mostly gone and is shattered. What should I use between the glass and the lower vent frame in is place?

Do I have to disassemble the door and remove the vent frame out completely to install new glass?

--Tom

----