RE: B body strut bushings

Steve,

The SB you got from NAPA is just the older style 1-piece unit. I have
one on the shelf Part 274-8992, some of the stores still have old stock.

The newer design is a 2-piece unit MOOG Part K7039. I can't tell you if
one is better than the other only that the new MOOG unit works well.
Last week I did a disc brake conversion on my '63 Sport Fury and
replaced the SB with the MOOG units.

Nick Tiberio
FuryUs

Steve Mick wrote:

>  I ordered some from NAPA and they came in today. I was expecting ones
>  like
> my old ones which appear to be a two piece bushing. . What I got was a
> one
> piece bushing- it is tapered with a groove around the circumference- and
>
> about 2 1/2 " long . The hole in it does look to be the size of the
> strut
> rod.. I had him show me a pic on the pooter of the part number on the
> box,
> and the pic was totally different than what i recieved.. It looked like
> shorter, steel clad bushing. Parts man said you can't always rely on the
>
> book showing the correct picture. My thought--could this be a different
> design strut bushing?. Looks like it could be installed without removing
> the
> strut rod.  Take the front nut off and the large cupped washer . Cut out
> the
> old bushing. Install new bushing over the front end of the rod and push
> back
> toward the rear until the circumference groove is located at the hole in
> the
> K frame. Install the cupped washer and nut and tighten till the washer
> hits
> the step in the rod. I tjink that would bulge the bushing  On both sides
> of
> the K frame hole. Anyone see one of these bushings, or is it the wrong

furyus63

----