Re: What CD player installs in a 65 Satellite

I don't know if they are still manufactured, But there are always some on e-pay.......................MO...........sw iowa ----- Original Message ----- From: "Doug Daniel" <dougdaniel50@xxxxxxxxx>
To: <1962to1965mopars@xxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Monday, June 01, 2009 5:40 AM
Subject: Re: What CD player installs in a 65 Satellite

do they still make FM converters ????

--- On Sun, 5/31/09, Don Hudson <mopar4me@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

From: Don Hudson <mopar4me@xxxxxxxxxxx>
To: 1962to1965mopars@xxxxxxxxxx
Date: Sunday, May 31, 2009, 10:37 PM

If the 65 Satellite radio opening is the same as a 65
Coronet, a 70-up A Body AM/FM should fit fine.
Don in VA

62pluckedchicken@xxxxxxxxx
wrote:
> right now I'm still at the mercy of AM radio and that
single dash speaker, just to get FM would be nice.. but
whatever I do to be discreet

> I love the look of my "Golden Tone" radio 8-)
>
> Paul Lennemann wrote:
>
>> If you buy an Ipod and download Itunes (free) onto
your computer, when you rip a CD into your Itunes library it
automatically converts it to the format for the Ipod
player. The Mygig radio in my 08 Chrysler T&C has
a great interface w/ built in hard drive, the "aux" jack for
other devices and a USB port for the Ipod. You can
also rip CD's directly to the radio's hard drive. I
thought about buying one from a salvage yard to put in the
63. I'd like to install it vertically in the center
console but I don't think the console is deep enough.
Not sure about the 65 in question, but the dash opening in
my 63 is too narrow width wise to allow a CD player to
fit. I didn't want to hack a bigger hole for
one. I found a cassette deck for $2 at a garage
sale. It fit my opening with just a slight
massage. But it's not my final solution. I hope
to be able to get my original radio retro-fitted someday.

wrote:

>>> uh-oh.. showing my age ;)
>>>
>>> I'll throw in my thrid penny..
>>> yep, it a pain converting CD or vinyl to MP3
but you've saved it a form that you can use forever.. CDs
scratch and give out, but if saved to your PC (I also backup
my PC to an external drive) you'll have it forever.. even
for the next generation "tune player"

wrote:

> [...]
you already have CDs it's less time to put in a unit with a
CD, (requires no need to make mp3s). But that aftermarket
CD/auto player unit also MUST have an aux IN plug to do

Ipod/Zune, etc. Don't buy one without

CD/AM/FM units for classic cars listed on the 62-65 vendor's
page: http://1962to1965mopar.ornocar.com/restoration-sources.html

stock looking 65 Satellite radio to am/fm with input aux
that you can plug in a portable CD or digital mp3 files
player. (On vendor's page too.)

out though.

working FM radio to transmit to,

have a detachable face. The key, I assume, is to measure and
find a unit that allows installation without

mount a cd/am/fm unit in the glove

to go the way of the 8-track..
to your speakers ??? that take very little room in your
glove box.. an Ipod nano is smaller than a pack

hold far more tunes than a 6 CD changer

in my 65 Satellite. I'll be looking for something with a
silver face, chrome or stainless look along with just the
two speakers in the back. Any suggestions are greatly
appreciated and thanks beforehand. Shot in the dark before I
go looking around. Maybe this will save me some time. Not
looking to spend more than $300.00. Thanks again!

> ----
> Please address private mail -- mail of interest to
only one person -- directly to that person. I.e., send
parts/car transactions and negotiations as well as other
personal messages only to the intended recipient, not to the
Clubhouse public address. This practice will protect your
privacy, reduce the total volume of mail and fine tune the
content signal to Mopar topic. Thanks!

----