RE: Calculating Rim Width

Just FYI, I had a set of 15x8 polished Torquethrusts with 255/60's on
the front of my 64 Polara for ONE day....they rubbed on every corner,
looked crappy, and pulled the car all over the road with every dip and
bump. Put my painted 15x6 Torquethrusts back on and it drives great
again. Now, I put those same 15x8's all the way around on my 68 Sport
Fury and that car drives fine with them on it..go figure!
62pluckedchicken@xxxxxxxxx wrote:

> another quick thought.. in case 15x8 are too wide for the front, you
> could go 235/65-15 w/15x7 in front and 255/60-15 w/15x8 in the rear
>
> 62pluckedchicken@xxxxxxxxx wrote:
> >
> > I guess it depends on the cross-section width.. I have 225/75 15 on 15x7
> >

> > wheels and they fit nicely no rubbing.. your talking fairly wide.. just
> > a guess... 15x8
> > george smith wrote:
> > >

> > > Rule of thumb is the wheel should be 70% the width of the tire.
> > > George

Jeff Adams
64 Polara

----