Anyway pulley heating deal

Anyway whatever you come  up with, a better water pump a pulley change or both it is just some more amo to add to your arsenal. Obviously there are some dofferences car to car and playing with these combos can make a siginificant difference. When i found the complete cure for mine I thought I had deid and gone to heaven and have used since for others. I had thought of a plated impeller pump as well but my wallet just wouldnt come out of my pocket .
I remeber some of the original 383 RRs used to run hot even back in the day. The owners just got used to it . What really makes me think is our old race cars with electric driven water pumps that never overheated ever. Like my original Or build which would run about 1/2 way on the guage no matter what the weather.  I think there is a minimum pump speed and it becomes critical as hp increases and weather get hot. A more efficient pump will take care of thattoo except it doesnt increase the fan speed. Perhaps the pump was the culprit. As far as fans go i have wired up electric fans for guys by using the stop lights to trigger the fan relay. So if sitting with the brake on the electric fan ran as well. It worked and worked well but I do not want an electric fan on my streetcar so i sorted it out the other way. Anyway i have no heating troubles now or for the last few years since finding my particular cure and I am happy to be able to drive the car without glancing at the gauge every few  minutes. it is no longer an issue. The temptation is  to go nuts with a rad and  such    but it doesnt always cure things. The pulley is one more weapon n your arsenal for those who wish to use it. Once you get it cured you dont really want to think about it again. For me though when one of my motors or children as it were was frying I couldnt sleep till it was solved.

----