thumping sound in motor

Would anyone know what an 440 would sound like if it has a spun bearing? My 64 Dodge has a rebuilt engine that I installed last year. Whenever you try to start it, sounds like a thumping sound once every rotation. The car starts and idles fine and good power, but when it is running it has a knocking sound. I can hear it better on the right side of the engine. The motor has a good 45# of oil pressure at all times. Other than the sound it seems to run good. I'm just afraid I might be destroying the motor.  Any ideas where to look???  I did take the valve covers off and everything seems ok there.                     Thanks all,   Alex in Ohio