Re: Clear plastic filters

I used to just love those old massive Stewert Warner electric fuel pumps. Turn on the switch and listen for the loud repeated clicking coming from the back of the car. When the clicking slowed down, you knew the fuel bowls were full and then was ready to start up. . I wish they still made those- for that nostalgic sound of the 60's.......................MO....sw iowa----- Original Message ----- From: "Rich Kinsley" <rlkinsley@xxxxxxxxx>
To: <1962to1965mopars@xxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Tuesday, April 07, 2009 10:09 PM
Subject: RE: Clear plastic filters

My car would get sooo dry that I had to prime the fuel pump. I have the
2X4bbls and my carbs have a big stainless steel custom made fuel block.
It takes quite a bit to fill it so that it gets to the carbs.
Herb wrote:

NO NO My statement was not directed At Any One!  Just that the metal
ones go
dry also we just can't tell by looking.  I have the same problem on my
Sport
Fury, I just crank it over a few times before I even touch the gas.
Stop
cranking, pump it a couple of times and it starts right up.

Herb