RE: sway bars

I put .920s on my 1964 Fury when I switched to a 440.  I loved them, the
handling and ride were superb, but, I was replacing worn out small block
bars.  They were a little bit stiff I suppose, but I liked it.  It
behaved a lot like a modern car.  I chose them because I read they came
stock on Hemi/440 Road Runners, GTXs, etc.

Herb wrote:

> The .920s are good if your looking for steer ability on a Big block
> equipped car, want to increase your load carrying capacity or help level
> / stiffen the car out on tight corners.  The .960s are for road race
> applications & load increasing a high option car with a RB or Hemi.
> Both can slow you down at the drag strip and take the driving enjoyment
> out of a cruiser.  .890s are good for all round driving.  .810s are good
> for low option 6 cylinder and A engines.  Now if your drag racing with a
> little street driving the 810s & 90/10 shocks are the way to go for
> weight transfer.  The heaver bars
work the same up & down and restrict weight transfer to the rear wheels
and actually unload your suspension a short distance off the line about
the time you hit second letting your tires spin instead of accelerating
faster.  When your tires are spinning your not accelerating to your
fullest potential, ultimately slowing you down from point A to point B.
The bottom line .890s with a good set of shocks for best all round drive
ability.  I would invest in a sway bar before heaver T bars unless they
needed to be replaced anyway.

>  Herb
>
> 1956 Plymouth Belvedere 361
> 1959 Coronet 326 Poly