RE: Brake Fluid Dot 3 ?

A fellow I know who is an long time member of the WPC Club swears by this technique: Once a year he takes a suction pump and removes almost all the brake fluid in the car's MC. He then adds fresh fluid. He says he has never had brake problems with his collector cars because of this. His argument is that most of the fluid is in the MC and by changing it every year you never get the sequence of water accumulation/line wheel-cylinder rust/ leaks/ brake failure.

Thanks,
Gary H.