RE: Rear-end gear ratios

Wow, this is cool.  Let me do the math:

My 26.3 inch 225R14 tire rolls 82.6 inches per revolution. or 6.882 feet.
50 MPH is 50 X 5280 which is 264000 feet per hour divided by 60 which is 4400 feet per minute.
The tire rolls 6.882 feet per revolution and 50MP is 4400 feet per minute then 4400/6.882= 639.4 Axle RPM

If the engine is turning 2000 RPM at 50 (GPS checked) then 2000/639.4= 3.13 gear ratio. Since the nearest possible gear ratio is 3.23 then we know this car has 3.23s.   Great, thanks Butch and Don.  This brings back memories of my college physics courses!

Mike in New Mexico