From: "MO ( Steve Mick)" <micher@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
To: 1962to1965mopars@xxxxxxxxxx
Sent: Sunday, February 22, 2009 6:40:02 PM GMT -05:00 US/Canada Eastern
Subject: Re: Break-in oil

Lots of discussion about the various oils, enough to confuse a person. I
used Rotella and then they said the additives we need in flat tappet cams
was reduced.. Then GM had an additive for that purpose but heard that it was
dis-continued. SO--- I use a concentrated additive called ZDDPlus. and can
use that with whatever oil you prefer. I use it with
Valvoline10-30-available everywhere. . One small bottle cost about $9 and is
good for an oil change. Google in ZDDPlus and they will give there website
with a lot of information about why certain oils are not recommended in
automobile gas engines. They are out near the West coast, but I get mine
from one of their distributors in Minn. Even skeptics should read their
information and decide for themselves if it makes good