Thread sealer use

This is probably right up Earl's alley. I'm re-routing my fuel lines and
am terminating the hard lines with -6 line and fittings. I have been
using the Permatex High Temp thread sealer on all my pipe fittings. I
wonder if I should use anything on the AN fittings? I did before but my
gut feelings are that those fittings are intended to seal when tightened
and the sealer may actually interfere. Of course it's obvious to avoid
getting any on the mating edges as opposed to just the threads. The only
reason I think something may be in order is that it's Aluminum and those
mating surfaces can bind. Maybe teflon tape is the proper ting for those
fittings and sealer for the pipe??? Whatta ya think??/

----