62 progress report

heres my 62 dart progreess report to show i havent totally betrayed
the holy order of the  62-65  .
  Originally I was going to install  my Hemi 4 speed into it, as it
was originally a 3 on the tree  car , so it already had  the pedals
for it , but I really wanted a pushbutton  car , so I changed course .
   1) thanks to the Craigslist lead of somebody here, i located  the
tailights and hood letters
   2)  Found a really nice front bumper for it from a guy up in
Vancouver Washington.  .
   3) Bought the  pushbutton shifter and cables from Ed Yost at
wildcat here in oregon.
    4) Found a nice pushbutton dash cluster on ebay for a decent
price, and an automatic  pedal assembly.
     5) Just got the new 440 back from the machinist last week.
              the motor, which i posted a few posts about here , i
bought as a pig in a poke, with one of those " hardly any miles on it"
stories :(  a ski boat motor built for a  boat that got arsoned by an
angry neighbor a few months later, with only a few weekends worth   of
 skiing  on it )
  the guy seemed honest enough and he budged on the price , so I took
the gamble , and for once  it turned out true.
    The pistons looked  brand new when we pulled it apart.
     My machinist went through the whole thing:tanked it, fluxed
everything, replaced the cam with a Racer Brown hydraulic, new
bearings and rings, gave it a hone ,installed hardened exhaust seats,
new guides and a valve grind to the 906s  and  squared the block and
balanced it all .  we used the ISKY mechanical rockers  that were on
it.
   Couldnt believe my machinist  did  all the work and reassembly  for
1000 bucks. So i got an all new 440 for about 2000 dollars, I only
need to find the right pan and pickup for the 62, probably  gonna go
with a Milidon 7 or 8 quart.  My machinist  said he gave me  a break
on the  cost because I " didnt bug him", just let him have his space.
  Its not that trick of a motor really, the compression works out to
9.8 to 1.  the heads arent ported.  and the cam isnt all that radical.
 But with the Edelbrock RPM manifold, headers, electronic ignition
Racer brown cam , and windage tray , i think 400-425 horse would be a
fair guess.
  Hope to have it on the road this summer for the mopar nationals up
at Woodburn  drag  strip in mid july,
  neal zimmerman, eugene oregon
  PS - Still looking for a  nice  rear bumper for the car