From: Herb
Date: 1/31/2009 12:17:21 PM
To: 1962to1965mopars@xxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: Alternative on Dash Clock Conversions

The clock is not creating the heat the resistor reducing 12v to 1.5v is the
culprit.  For example building the circuit to run the gauges needs a heat
sink for the resistor going from12v to 5v and it runs Hot.  The bottom line,
resistance = heat.  I would almost guess the extra heat generated dropping
to1.5v would cause damage to the dash if the heat sink was mounted on it.
With that big of drop you might look at mounting the heat sink to the fire
wall or something not affected by heat under the dash. Just my II.

Herb
St. Louis, MO.