To: "62-65 Mopar List" <1962to1965mopars@xxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Tuesday, December 30, 2008 10:09 PM
Subject: Cam Stuff

My lifters are on their way to Canada, so I'm starting my re-assembly
tomorrow morning. I have a friend that's familiar with degreeing a
cam, but I've never adjusted a solid lifter setup before so I just
want to get a couple of tips. Am I correct that you generally set the
valve lash cold, warm the engine up, then check and re-adjust them
hot? Is there a way I can set them cold and not have to re-adjust them
hot (like add .002" or something)?

Also, my FSM gives 2 sets of lash settings....010" intake and .020"
exhaust while hot in the specs section, and .013" intake & .012"
exhaust without spec'ing temp in the FSM instructions for rocker arms.
My cam card gives one setting for both at cold (.012" I think). Which
one should I follow? Do I set them cold and forget it by the cam card?
Or do I go back and forth chasing adjustments? The installation
procedure is less than stellar in the FSM.

Thanks

Bill

----