Re: Rear main seal install RB

Where do you find cordeco seals?

-----Original Message-----
From: Don Dulmage <big-d@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
To: 1962to1965mopars@xxxxxxxxxx
Sent: Sat, 3 Jan 2009 5:51 pm
Subject: Re: Rear main seal install RB

Take the freaky fancy rear main seal and give it to someone you dont like. Use a normal one. Dress the deal holder a bit on the bottom with a file . Not much , just clean it up. It makes the seal just a tiny bit tighter. I like the cordeco seal best. The funnny stuff will work should you be lucky enought to get it installed but the factory style works perfectly I have found. I used some goofy thing my pal brought inhis engine. Spent half a day installing it. When last freshened the engine he said "you arent going to need a new seal for the billet one are you.?" I said" nope cause I aint using one again." (That bandito! How did he know?) My rule in old age is if it comes in a blister pack then it is probably no good.?
Grumpy old Don?
----- Original Message ----- From: "David Raffa" <dge645b@xxxxxxx>?