Block Markings

So I finally got off my lazy a$$ and am doing the cam in the
Coronet.In tearing it apart I noticed a diamond stamped in the block
on the block deck surface, in front of the left head, up near the
intake. Does this have any significant meaning? I know the short block
in this car is not original.

Thanks

Bill M
65 Coronet 500 'vert