not yet

You'll have to excuse me but this is the first time I've had a chance to
sit down and read the list today.  And being an opinionated a**hole I
have to get my 2 cents in.  If the U.S./Canadian Mfg's. had looked down
the road just a bit they could have seen the writing on the wall.  The
improvements they did make were due in large part to competition from
the foreigners.  They just got complacent when everyone thought they
needed an 8,000 lb. SUV to drive the kids to school and to the grocery
store.  They thought "here's something we can do better than the
foreigners".  Trouble is it wasn't sustainable.  They should have been
putting more money into R&D.  Now they're caught flat footed.
I've got to think there is some good value in the Chrysler/Dodge line.
There are probably as many Chrysler/Dodge/Plymouth mini vans on the road
as all the other brands combined.  Nobody has done it better.  And Jeep
should still be a viable line.  Now, what Cerberus will do is obvious.
They bought it at a fire sale price, hoping to turn a quick profit.
They will probably sell it off piece by piece as no one (except our own
Warren Buffett) has the cash on hand to make a purchase of that
magnitude right now.  It's too bad.  But we've always had to be
scroungers to find parts for our cars.  So we'll probably have to
scrounge just a little bit harder.

I was talking yesterday to a fella who works at a GM dealership.  He
told me that GMAC is demanding immediate payment for any unsold
floor-planned cars on the lot that are over a certain age.  That will be
the death knell of many delerships.

Paul L.
'63 Sport Fury
440/727