1964 Plymouth Sport Fury

I am a new subscriber to this web site and I have a 64 Ply. Sport Fury, I am not ready to begin building the car yet, but I need to start collecting parts. First will be the engine, it came with a 361, which I have, however I am told that high performance parts are hard to come by for this engine, a 440 was suggested. I the 440 is ok what type or model will fit the car. Second, I lost the transmission, for the car on a labor trade gone bad. The car has floor shift in it which I still have. Question what type, or model of transmission will fit, and allow the floor shift.

I am just starting out on this adventure, I think the car is sound, no rust, from El Paso Tx. but I lack the basic knowledge, which I know all of you in this discussion group have.

Craig