RE: B-Body Metal Fan Shrouds

Bill Maurits wrote:

> I've been looking around for an original style fan shroud for my
> Coronet (haven't we all) and I spotted this one on eBay...
> #230268919603.
>
> This guy says it's a new repro piece, and he wants $250 freaking
> dollars for it!!!
>
> 1. If it's a repro part, how we haven't seen it advertised elsewhere.
> 2. How can he ask that much when NOS ones are going for  the same price!
>
> I would think these repro units should be a little (read alot)
> cheaper...they certainly don't look like a complicated item by any
> stretch. This just seems like another example of repro places trying
> to bend their customers over.
>
> With these thing being this high, I think I'm just gonna try and use a
> plastic one in my collection that's offset all the way to the side
> like this one. I just can't justify spending that kind of $ on a damn
> shroud.
>
> Bill M
> 65 Coronet 500 'vert

The early buzz is that they're a bit small at the bottom hose recess,
and the angle of the opening isn't quite right. Plus, they want another
$55 for the clip kit!

The same 22" shroud is common up to '68, so it might be cheaper to
expand your search to the later years. Happy hunting.

  Dave Walters
  Denver, Co.

----