Re: Electric fan hookup

In a message dated 8/6/2008 7:50:53 A.M. Eastern Daylight Time,
ledman_70@xxxxxxxxxxx writes:

Hey  all, I installed a new electric fan with a thermostat controller in
the  Polara the other day and it has ruined 2 inline fuse holders just
idling  in the driveway. The first one melted and the second one broke at
one end.  I pulled the power from the altenator lug, which the
instructions said was  ok, and the ground is screwed to the core support.
Did I do something  wrong? The fan works ok, then the next time I start
the car and check it,  the fuse holder is shot... the weird thing is it
hasn't blown the 20a fuse  either time. The fuse holders are the inline
glass type, so today I'm  going to get a new style with the square type
push in fuse. Is it possible  I'm using the wrong amperage fuse?

Jeff Adams
64  Polara

----
Please address private mail -- mail of interest to  only one person --
directly to that person.  I.e., send parts/car  transactions and negotiations as
well as other personal messages only to the  intended recipient, not to the
Clubhouse public address. This practice will  protect your privacy, reduce the
total volume of mail and fine tune the  content signal to Mopar topic.  Thanks!

'62 to '65 Mopar Clubhouse  Discussion Guidelines:

Sounds like the fuse is large enough, but the fuse holer an/or wires are  not
large enough to handle the current.

Read reviews on AOL Autos.

----