erthonal

Well up hee a lot of folks grow corn. I mself havegrown a few acres. I used to have a feedlot and feed straight corn to cattle..
Often our farmers have to sell their corn for 75 to 90 buck per tonne (2200lbs) not too much above costof production. There is not a shortage of food , there is a shortage of god markets so who can blame them. No ethonal can be made by several methods and corn is ot and never was the only way to ake it. Ethonal need a richer mixture by volume to make power  , it like 8 to 8.5 approx rto one but it does make power. I remeber well when folks got caught cheating racing in the old days and it was found they had alky blends in thier fuel. Everybody creid how theyw ere cheating and it was unfair. often they were moonshiners (and we have them here too ) Moonshiners in case you dnt know make ethonal. It gave them mope power not less.  You haveto burn more to get it. I have the calorific values here sonce I used to teach fuels at trade school. I can ook them up. If ethonal is burned at the rate of gasoline it will make less power but if burned atitsideal ratefor power or its Sweet spot  so to speak it wil make more. not huge. Something like 5 to 8 % more. I would have to refresh my memories.
We have to get through our heads that the antiethonal people are ioit technical and may in fact be unknowingly puppets of the oil folks.  We know methnal gives god power and have known it fo uears. Ethonal is methinals poor cousin and is between gasoline and methonal.
We need to do our won experiments and there areseveral companies in the business already making ethonal conversion for carbs etc. We had a streeet roadster running in canada on Ethonal sponsored by the farmers coop of for several years. it was a 6cyl chevy powered t bucket and ran 9s.  I have tried to buy a drum for myself to run n my 63 biut have been unable so far to do so. it just is not available here . Only at the pumps in two cities. The oil guys are dead against it which makes me suso picius immediately. We will not run out of oil for atleast 75 to 100 years contrary to what the doomsayers aresaying. Our tarsands alone have far more than the middle east  however i like the idea f of exploring the use of ethonal. And i know enough about growing corn and fuels to know that the banterabout  uses more than it prodces is just not correct. There are a hundrd different ways to do it and probaly ony half have been explored yet.
Gasolie by the way also got and still gets a bad rap. Gosoline is a byproduct of making diesel furnace oil jet fel etc. Before it was used in engines it was dumped in ponds and fields at night and wasa huge problem. then someone discovered that the engines could burn it. There were all doom sayers (grandfathers of the current ant ethonal group) however itturned out to be a very good fuel once the engines were designed to use it and is solved a huge polution problem. And so it is with ethnal at apporx 105 octane we can run around 12 rto 1 compression and may be a pinch more depending on camshaft. Then the POWER is there. So if we hade ethonal and if our cars or engines were specifically designed for it then it would be a super fuel. I doubt that will ever happen because the nti ethonal movement is too strong sonce the oil cmpanies dont want to lose their market  however at $140 per barrrel (two weeksago) for a barel of crude oil (That is not burnable fuel by the way but the raw product  not unlike a bushel of corn) they are pricing themselves out of the market.  remember 5 years ago it was $11per barrel and cost of production has not changed that much. regardless of althat wecould run opur max wedge and other h icompression motors on this easily and enjoy a bit more power and help the enviorment as well. Why not?
Becareful when you quote what this one says or that one says. The news media is not technically savy and never will be. They also dont bother to investigate or if they do they know what they want to say before they start and work to that end. There are many examples of that , Y2K being one of the biggest farces ever put upon us. WHy would we believe anything they ay. I rarely do.
Don
Author of
Return to Deutschland (True Adventure)
Old Reliable (Mopar)