RE: Layson Fiasco

Bill;

You are absolutely correct! My correlation to CSX is a bit off as Chrysler
has a lot to loose and a probable liability with people producing bad parts
with their name on them. Were as CSX lost nothing by have their name used on
a couple of toy trains.

As Bob in Sacramento stated "the repop game is a double edged sword. We as
mopar fans often Desire parts that match the original in every way, even
when there may not be any available. If someone decides to produce a copy of
the item, they can proceed in a couple of directions. They can copy the part
with all of the detail, Including logos and part numbers, etc. Or they can
just copy the part and delete any identification marks that are licensed by
the OEM.

I think that we help the unlicensed vendors and ourselves if we encourage
them to manufacture the latter. Why is it so necessary to have the often
problematic minutia on the part? As long as the parts fit right, look right,
and function properly, who needs numbers and logos?"

Thank You both for opening my eyes to the big picture

Herb

1963 Sport Fury Convertible 361
1970 Challenger RT 440
1999 Durango SLT 5.9