Pistons

Go ahead and use the KBs  KB237 I think but I cant find my glasses to double check.
They are liighter .
When using KBs thereare a couple of things to watch.    Number one is top ring end gap MUST be around 030" or there will be trouble. I think 027 is the minimum but that leaves no fudge factor. The top rings in these pistons run hotter and so grow tighter. If this advice is ignored the enginewill fail. (will break top ring groove) If this and advice below which is the manufacturers advice BTW is heeded it wil be a great reliable engine with lots of power.
Also do not get sucked in bythe we will run thesereal tight. 440 need decent clearance because they are big bores and produce aot of heat. On the box there is a spec. It also says if the machinist can read  "for high perfomance and marine use add 001 clearance." Do it!
They work well. I have used them and the motor turned out great. it was a 440
Eddy heads. Perf RPM intake 800 Eddy AFB  , Racer Brown 510 lift hydraulic.  reworke distributor and TTI headers. it is a veryt responsive engine. customer claims it pulls to 6500 althogh I think 6200 might be about right. It runs great and doesnt leave you wanting mre.it is a street otor of course. I am very leased with it and so is he. Required nothing from the first start up and timing set up. No jetting , no fiddling no ///s just Rummmmmmmmmmphhhhhhh!!!!!!
It is now 4 years old.
Don
Author of
Return to Deutschland (True Adventure)