I thought you said HEI no installed?

If not ,here is the drill.  Power to the ignitonbox with jey on. check wire at the penestar point  on the 5 sided connector. Should be battery voltage.  Power atthe pos side of the coil Should have battery voltage in start postion  and balast dropped voltage in run postion. (Same voltage ae s the balast resitor has on the coil side of it.  Grounds are good you already checked that., You are sure the distributor is going around so we can foreget thetiming vhain thingy.
To check the ballst resitor  Bypass it with a jumper wire and see if the car sarts. No LEROY it wont hurt nothin for a 2 minute test
If it fires then it is the ballast . if not unplug the two prong dist connector. With a cotter key opened up to fit inside and the ignition turned on use the cotter key to wiggle around inthe two prong plug and you wil axtually HEAR the spark from the coil cracking iside the distributor cap.
This allows you to quicK test the ballast and quick test the dist pick up  which leaves only the box to be at fault of the voltages are all there as described. .Noo other possiblilties  That is the quick and easy guide to Mopar igntion repair..
Don
I am still curios , How did we get HEi into the mix or did i misread something.?
!

Author of
Return to Deutschland (True Adventure)
Old Reliable (Mopar)